Reception 2020 - 2021
As we are now in a National Lockdown we will be allocating daily home learning for the children from Wednesday 6th January 2021. This will be accessible here on our school website. You have received a cream coloured piece of card which contains your child's login details for this. Please keep this safe. If you have misplaced it, please phone or email the school office and we will try to replace it for you. If you have any problems accessing the site please contact our admin team.
Below is a guide to show you how to log on. You will need pass codes - these are written in the front of your child's Reading Record.
How to log in to ‘Bug Club’ A guide for parents:
1) Open up the internet
2) type in www.activelearn.co.uk
3) Log in by filling in your child’s details at the top righthand side: School ID (CBCC), username and password (case sensitive)
4) Your book should be there for you to read!
Our Top Tips for Home Learning with Reception Children
* Playing, talking and reading with your children are the most important learning activities you can do.
* Children learn through play. Please follow this link to find out more: https://www.sirenfilms.co.uk/categories/play/
* For advice on reading in Reception, please follow this link: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/reading/reading-age-4-5-reception/
* For advice on how to support your child with their writing at home, please watch: https://youtu.be/qMikBvGBrE8
* Please send us photos of your children learning, don’t feel that their learning has to always be written or recorded on paper.
* The learning process that your child goes through is far more important than end product. Remember to praise your children for the effort they put in, the perseverance they show, learning from mistakes and their willingness to have a go at new, sometimes tricky, things.
* Please remember that children are at different stages in learning. The remote learning is a suggestion and offering of ideas. If you feel that a suggested activity is too difficult or too easy for your child, please feel free to adapt it to suit your child.
* Try to keep learning sessions short and fun. Little and often is a good motto to remember, as young minds can concentrate for usually around 10 minutes at any one given time.
We understand that some of you will be working from home and juggling home schooling which we know, as parents ourselves, is definitely not an easy task.
We will endeavour to support you all as much as we possibly can.
As long as you and your children are home, happy, safe and well, then we are winning!
The Reception Team
Files to Download
Reception: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Reception: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Reception: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display