Welcome to the Chester Bluecoat C of E Primary School Governing Body information page.
Our main role is to support the Headteacher and the staff: the phrase often used to describe this role is ‘a critical friend’.
Our legal duties include:
- setting strategic direction, policies and objectives
- approving the school budget
- reviewing progress against the school's budget and objectives
- appointing, challenging and supporting the headteacher
We aim to achieve this through:
- the Strategic School Improvement Plan (SSIP) process which sets out the three year strategic view for the school
- monitoring and evaluating the work of the school through the Self Evaluation Form (SEF) process which sets out how well the school is doing and where we aim to make improvements
- regular meetings and sub committees (see Committees )
Our team is made up of a cross section of people who serve our community and our school and ultimately we are committed to providing an excellent environment for all pupils to enjoy during their time at our school.
The Governing Body meets as a full body once a term. This is supported by a number of sub committees (see Committees) that feed into the overall Governing Body and who also meet termly. Additionally, a number of members of the Governing Body fulfil link governor roles for specific areas such as literacy and PE (see Link Governors ) which involves working closely with subject leaders. All Governors are provided certain mandatory training to assist them in doing their role. This is further supplemented by additional optional training in specific areas.
If you would like more information about the work of the Governing Body then please contact us at email@example.com.
Please click on the links below to see more information about the governing body.